About Motivational Speaker Sandy Geroux, M.S.
Sandy Geroux delivers motivational keynotes and training programs that help attendees re-kindle employee engagement and deliver exceptional customer experiences. Her programs focus on creating WOW experiences for customers and employees alike and she is passionately obsessed with finding hidden ways to turn your workplace into a WOWplace, where the nuances of service, respect, compassion, and creativity come into play every day in small ways that add up to exceptional experiences for everyone involved.
Sandy is like a gold miner who helps you unearth buried nuggets of gold in your organization, polish them up and make them shine by identifying unseen nuances and providing tools to inspire every team member to find even more of them!
She is a strategist and designer of human connections, passionate engagement and WOW experiences. She has learned much of what she knows about respect, humanity and leadership through working in the corporate environment for over 20 years, and then owning her own business and working with leaders at every level for over 19 more. A student of these topics her entire professional career, Sandy always strives to create WOW experiences for everyone around her. She now uses her skills and knowledge as a keynote speaker, trainer and author on these topics to help others enjoy their work more and understand the positive impact they can have on themselves, their co-workers, their customers, and the success of their organization.
Several of Sandy’s major accomplishments include:
- Presenting programs to over 25,000 attendees in more than 125 U.S.organizations, with additional reach to 41 countries through videoconferencing and webinar programs.
- Working with all levels of executive management, programmers and system users to design, develop, test and conduct corporate-wide training and Train-the-Trainer programs.
- Coaching real estate professionals who subsequently increased their performance by as much as 300% and more as a result of her coaching.
- Engaging audiences in interactive presentations, facilitated brainstorming sessions, and educational programs that inspire attendees to think differently and create breakthrough performance.
- One client reached customer service award goals they never before attained; these goals were reached in just 6 weeks (one 2-hour program per week) through a custom-designed customer service training series designed and delivered to the Customer Service staff by Sandy. Others have reported long-term positive impact on franchise owners, managers, and team members at every level that keeps them engaged in the WOWplace principles and helps their businesses succeed long after her programs are over.
- In 2013, Sandy earned her Masters of Information Systems Management degree with an emphasis on Marketing, and achieved the distinction of summa cum laude.
Here are some unique facts about Sandy:
- Sandy has been told that she is a very "whole-brained" individual. Happily for Sandy, this finally explains why she has never been able to "pick a side" when asked if she is left-brained or right-brained. (She always thought there must be something wrong with her!) Happily for Sandy's clients, this unique capability allows her to see and visualize creative and innovative events and actions, and then drill down to figure out how and why they succeeded (or failed), then systematize them so they can be repeated (or avoided) in the future.
- It also explains why she has been able to succeed as a Systems Analyst/Business Systems Consultant, as well as a hands-on computer trainer. To succeed as a Systems Analyst, Sandy was required to collect large amounts of knowledge and quickly cull them down to their most important elements, figure out how to explain them to both technical staff and laymen (users), develop test data and test the systems, then create a training manual and deliver training on those systems.
- This level of systems thinking and penchant for applied knowledge also enables her to help clients go deeper, ask better questions, and become more creative in determining how they should position their goals and identify which actions will help them get there.
- In addition to creating highly customized programs for her clients, Sandy is also an executive speechwriter and speech coach, and has worked with executive clients for 5 years to help them bring cohesion to their messages, bring their stage presence to higher professional levels and create takeaway materials that can actually be used as checklists for success after the conference is over.
- She is also a singer (there's that right-brain!), and has performed in numerous musical and dramatic stage productions, as well as sung the National Anthem at various sports venues, including Daytona International Speedway. At her clients' request, she often includes humorous custom song parodies and inspiring songs in her programs for added impact and connection with her audiences.
Sandy combines real-life entrepreneurial, entertainment, training and speaking experience and knowledge that make her uniquely qualified to not only inspire diverse audiences to achieve the success they desire, but give them practical ideas, tips and tools to help individuals succeed with their personal dreams while helping their organizations accomplish their top- and bottom-line objectives.
Another plus is Sandy’s dynamic speaking style, which has been described by her audiences as enthusiastic, energetic and extremely motivating!
Real Estate Awards:
1995: Century 21 Rookie of the Year for the state of Rhode Island
1997: RE/MAX Executive Club; RIAR Million Dollar Producer
1998: RE/MAX 100% Club; RIAR Million Dollar Producer
1999: RE/MAX 100% Club; RIAR Multi-Million Dollar Producer
1999: #8 Individual RE/MAX Agent in the State of Rhode Island
2012 George Morrisey Lifetime Achievement Award - National Speakers Association - Central Florida Chapter
2010 Ed Peters Past Presidents Service Award - National Speakers Association - Central Florida Chapter
2009 Home-Based Business of the Year - Kissimmee/Osceola County Chamber of Commerce
2007 Board Member of the Year - National Speakers Association - Central Florida Chapter
2006 Rosita Perez Spirit Award - National Speakers Association - Central Florida Chapter
2005 Chapter Member of the Year - National Speakers Association - Central Florida Chapter
Sandy has also received humanitarian and community service awards from numerous civic and community groups, including RESPECT, Inc., Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Give Kids Safe Shelter, Children's Advocacy Center for Osceola, Inc., Sons of Italy, and Toastmasters International.
Author of three books:
Turn Your Workplace Into a WOWplace
It’s My Dream And Who Am I To Stop Me?"(overall performance and achievement)
Get the Knowledge Out of Technology!" (technology for real estate professionals)
She is also a frequent contributor to business and industry magazines, including Entrepreneur, The American Society of Administrative Professionals,Progressive Media Publications, Executive Secretary Magazine (London), and more.
Vocal and Stage Highlights:
In addition to singing in her keynote presentations, Sandy has appeared
in many musical and/or dramatic performances for various theater groups,
Worcester County Light Opera Co.
Uxbridge Song, Thought & Dance Co.
Sandy has also sung repeat performances of our National Anthem at Daytona International Speedway, for audiences of 12,000, as well as for other Central Florida sports venues.
She has recently recorded a motivational music CD entitled, "Don’t Be Afraid To Fly," containing her inspiring keynote songs and humorous custom song parodies, including "Man! I Feel Like A REALTOR!" and others. An original song of the same name as her most recent keynote program entitled "Turn Your Workplace Into a WOWplace!" has just been recorded and released.
Other Relevant Highlights:
Sandy has four years of Systems Analysis/Business Systems Consulting
experience working at a national catalog company as a liaison
between end users and programmers to design and test systems, writing
user manuals, and training users on programs. Sandy was instrumental
in the design, testing, and implementation of their online order entry
system, as well as conducting training of order entry operators and
supervisors and Train-the-Trainer sessions.
For the parent organization of this catalog company, Sandy worked with Executive Management to organize and coordinate annual and quarterly Business Planning activities, documentation and other related activities. She also participated in a company-wide project to analyze and acquire computer and word processing systems for corporate-wide installation.
Sandy is a Past President and Past Academy Dean of the Central Florida Chapter of the National Speakers Association, and Past Chairman of the Small Business Council for the Kissimmee/Osceola Chamber of Commerce.
Giving Back to Her Community:
Sandy currently serves on the boards of Give Kids Safe Shelter and the Children’s Advocacy Center for Osceola County, Inc.