Helping leaders connect with team members ~ Helping team members connect with customers
Jack Welch had it right when he said, “Before you’re a leader, it’s all about growing yourself. Once you become a leader, it’s all about growing others.”
However, there’s one more piece that must added to that equation: “Don’t forget to keep growing yourself in order to serve as a role model for your teams and prevent stagnation of your knowledge, competence, ideas and attitudes toward others.”
Self-growth and self-knowledge are just as important to the health and success of your team as technical knowledge… maybe even more important. If you want your team to function at its most engaged and efficient level, they must know what kind of leader is asking for the best they have to offer. A self-aware, authentic and caring leader is one of the most powerful assets an organization can have.
There may be pockets of “WOW!” in your organization – departments, groups or committees that continually strive to do their best and produce exceptional results. But even in great organizations, there are also hidden (and sometimes not-so-hidden) pockets of mediocrity and even pockets of “OW!” where disengagement, disorganization, burn-out or mistrust are holding the team and the organization back.
Find out why some leaders create OW experiences that stifle creativity, foster mistrust or uncertainty and hold their teams back, while others create WOW experiences that engage and inspire their teams and spur them to higher success. Through stories, humor and examples, Sandy will help you look at the people, policies and processes operating in your organization and show you how applying a few simple WOWplace Rules can help you close the gaps, re-engage and re-inspire all team members to take ownership for creating extraordinary results.
Sandy delivers interactive programs for:
- executives, managers and supervisors.
- administrative professionals who lead from behind the scenes, often without title or rank.
- front-line customer service professionals.
Her high impact content:
- helps attendees find ways to make their teams feel “safe” to take the appropriate risks necessary to try to succeed, rather than keeping to the "status quo" because they're simply trying not to fail.
- offers practical ideas and proprietary tools and templates to help you recognize the nuances and gaps in your policies, procedures, knowledge and attitude that must be closed in order to move from “OW!” to “WOW!”
- teaches the important concepts of authentic leadership, service and respect, and the vital difference between "human duties" and "job duties."
- inspires attendees to reach higher and take ownership of their role and contribution to the organization’s success.
With a dash of fun, story-telling and humor, Sandy combines real-life corporate, entrepreneurial, entertainment, training and speaking experience and knowledge in her programs. This makes her uniquely qualified to help attendees proactively identify the nuances that create WOW experiences. She also shows them how to immediately apply the WOWplace lessons and concepts in their organization.
Thus, her customized programs, as well as her new book, “Turn Your Workplace Into a WOWplace” are overflowing with practical ideas and creative tools, templates and illustrative stories.
Another plus is Sandy’s dynamic speaking style, which has been described by those who have seen her as EI-EI-OH! (Enthusiastic, Inspiring, Energetic and Informative - OH)!
Contact Sandy today to help put the fun in your FUNction, the "Human" in your resources... and turn your workplace into a WOWplace!